Painting Holiday in South West France
On this course Angela will aim to communicate the mood of the place and subject through using light and colour and simplicity of brushstrokes. She will aim to sketch and paint outdoors whenever possible, which will give a directness and impulsiveness to the painting due to the need to paint quickly, energised by heightened emotions, and the need to trust your instincts. Angela’s art work is fundamentally about expressing her passionate love of and connection to nature. As a tutor, she is empathetic, kind, and enthusiastic. Her multi-disciplinary background enables her to tailor her teaching to suit an individual’s experience level, and personal thought process. Her teaching style is very practical, simplifying a complex subject into manageable stages whilst always allowing room for individuality. Anglela may give demonstrations/tutorials in the evening before the visit, however she loves to demonstrate on location, as time and weather permits, then set out to put that idea into practice. She is flexible and adaptable, and passionate in encouraging personal expression, so there is always room for improvisation. Her preferred media are acrylic or watercolours, and she tries to demonstrate using 2-different media at some point so that she accommodaties different approaches. She is also proficient in pen and wash, and watercolour pencils and water based oils. Kind and encouraging, Angela ensures that she makes time to give each of you one to one help whilst on location.
- 7 nights full board accommodation comprising breakfast, light lunch, or picnic when painting on location, a freshly prepared French/English home cooked evening meal with wine. Lunch is not provided on the day visit to the market.
- Small, bright art studio overlooking a walled, terraced courtyard.
- Traditional French country lounge with original stone fireplace and wood burning stove.
- Cosy patio where stunning sunsets make an ideal spot for pre & after dinner drinks.
- Secluded 10m x 5m swimming pool with paved terrace and sun loungers.
- Well stocked library with comfortable seating for a little bit of time to yourself.
- For the more energetic, a small gymnasium and table tennis room are always available for your use.
- Tea and coffee making facilities available throughout the day.
- British TV.
- Wireless internet access.
Flights and airport/rail transfers
You are responsible for making your travel arrangements. However we are happy to advise you on routes and timetables. In the event of delays or cancellations you may be asked to make your own way to our farmhouse at your expense. (See “Insurances” below). We will transport you to and from Limoges airport or railway station at no extra cost. We may at our discretion collect/take you from other destinations. Please enquire when making a booking as there may be additional costs from certain locations.
Your arrival day at the farmhouse is Saturday and departure is Saturday. Your arrival/departure times from our farmhouse will be determined by flight/rail times. However if there are several with different arrival/departure times to the same airport/station, at our discretion, the latest arrival time will apply to everyone and the earliest departure time will apply to everyone.
Equipment and Materials
In the studio we provide the following equipment; Easels, boards, tables, chairs, and cleaning equipment, together with fold-up stools, easels, boards and water bottles for field trips.
We encourage you to contact your course tutor for advice on materials you will need to bring for your holiday.
You are free to use the pool at any time. We can accept no responsibility or liability for any accident, loss or damage in respect of use of the pool. (See “Insurances” below).
Special dietary requirements
Please advise us of any special dietary requirements you may have at the time of booking, and we will make every endeavour to meet your wishes.